The Meaning Behind "360"
1. Allowing Jesus to change our lives. All 360 degrees of it.
2. Reaching people from all over the globe.
3. Transforming the lost into the found.
4. New, Unique, Refreshing: contemporary environment, music, and message.
Church 360's Mission
Church 360's mission is threefold: To be an authentic community of empowered believers that truly seek Christ and pursue lives that reflect their delight in Him. To present God as the truly divine, and loving Father that He is; relevant to our daily lives in the 21st century. To equip believers to encourage one another to go out and share the Good News of our Heavenly Father.
Below are core values we uphold at Church 360.
1. We believe that God is perfect and makes no mistakes. That the Bible is the flawless, inspired Word of God, created as life lessons and guidelines for an authentic and righteous life in Christ.
2. We believe that our bodies are God's temple and that we must be careful and selective about how they are used, what we do to them, and put into them.
3. We believe in spiritual growth and maturity through community with other believers as well as through daily Bible reading and prayer.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who died for our sins, rose again on the third day, and soon after, ascended into Heaven leaving the Holy Spirit to guide us.
5. We believe that faith in Christ is not about conforming to certain spiritual laws, but rather the delight of being transformed into God's likeness by the power of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe that as children of God, we have been set free from sin by the power of the blood of Jesus.
7. We believe in being ambassadors for Christ, sharing the Good News whenever possible and equipping others to do likewise.
8. We believe that although we currently live in the world, we are not of it. We believe that Christ will come again at a time unknown to man, and that His believers will be raptured and taken to Heaven to live with Him forever.
9. We believe that we are called to love God above all else, and in turn love His people.
10. We believe in being charitable to the nations; helping others we may never meet in hopes that they may see God through and in us.
11. We believe in making a daily effort to pick up the cross and live sacrificially for Jesus. We understand that demonic forces are at work making a conscious effort to destroy what God has called us to do.
12. We believe that God has given us gifts that would be beneficial in expanding Gods kingdom, and that as believers in Christ we are to be good stewards of our gifts.
13. We believe in the power of prayer, and that it is our way of communicating directly with our Heavenly Father; that through our prayers, we can and should expect a response.
14. We believe that evangelism and living in accordance with God's Word are the ways that others will come to know Jesus.
15. We believe that God created us with a predestined purpose, and that it is not by our works but through God's grace and our faith in Christ that we are saved; that we should remain humble in our demeanor because of this gift.
The Start of Church 360
During the summer of 2011, Aaron and Kayla Wood moved to Saipan for a ministry opportunity. A few months into their lives on Saipan, they begin feeling the call to plant a gospel centered, missionally focused church, with God centered music and messages that sought to reach Saipan for Christ.
After months of consideration and time in the Word, Aaron and his wife proceeded with plans to start Church 360 in Saipan. Today Church 360 is proudly a diverse atmosphere of young and seasoned, singles and families, and people from all over the globe. We are thankful for the humble obedience of the Wood family as they listened to God's call.
The Journey Continues
With a growing family, the Woods again answered God's call on their lives in January 2015. As they began to move on to the next chapter of their ministry in Texas, God moved another family to Saipan to continue the work of Church 360.
The Jones family moved to Saipan in the Spring of 2014 and began to serve alongside the Woods until their departure. Billy Jones assumed the position of Senior Pastor of Church 360 in February 2015. He is helped by his talented wife Joy and their three children, Rose, Esther, and William.
Billy is a graduate of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and has been in ministry for 20 years. He moved his family to Saipan after a successful six year church revitalization project in Whiting, Vermont.
A New Chapter
In May 2018, God called the Jones family suddenly back to the States, but not before He'd prepared a couple to step into ministry at Church 360.
Dan Van Werkhoven moved to Saipan from Australia in the Fall of 2015 to marry his then fiancée Brittany Hodge, who hails from the American Midwest. The couple have served alongside the Jones family since marriage, and early 2016, Dan Van Werkhoven began interning for Billy Jones.
In early 2018, Dan and Brittany were planning a move to Tennessee, but in March God made it clear He had a bigger plan and the couple chose to stay in Saipan. Two months later, God revealed that plan when He called the Jones family back to the States and Billy asked Dan to take over at Church 360 as Interim Pastor.
©2015 Sophie Baker Photography